My best friend just celebrated her birthday so I put together a gift basket of nail polishes. Afterwards, it dawned on me that her birthday gift last year was also a beauty gift basket. =)
- Choose a variety of colored ribbons. These were a little thin so I would suggest choosing thicker ribbon.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and wrap around each nail polish. Strips of colored paper would also work.
- Secure with tape.
Looks like a police lineup. =)
- Using a paper punch (Michaels), punch out circles of card stock for each nail polish.
- Design your circles with letters to spell out a message or name.
- Using double-side tape (Michaels), attach each circle to the nail polish.
- Also attach circles to any other accessories in your basket. Here I included a brush that can be dipped in nail polish remover to fix boo-boos and achieve smooth edges, which is essential for a perfect manicure! Other accessories could include a nail file, hand lotion, nail decals, or toe separators.
- Find a small basket or container for your gift. I found this one in the dollar section at Target. Since the basket was deep, I used bubble wrap to fill the bottom.
- Cover the top with tissue paper and arrange your nail polishes and accessories.
If you don’t have enough nail polishes to spell out a message, here are some other options:
- Spell out the person’s name (if it’s short)
- Instead of one letter on each circle, write one word on each
- Use only 1 or 2 nail polishes and stick other circles on the accessories
- Draw pictures or designs on each circle (i.e. birthday balloons, presents, birthday cake, candles)
I feel the urge to paint my nails now. =)