I received my January and February MyGlam bags and unfortunately, I was very disappointed. So disappointed that I kind of forgot about posting them. =/ I’m sure you have all seen the products by now, but here they are just in case. Sorry for the delay!
1) Freeman Beauty, Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Mask: Didn’t really do much for my skin and you can find this in your local drugstore.
2) WEN Hair Care, Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner: I tried this years ago because so many people swore by it, but it left my fine hair very flat and weighed down. I might give it another whirl though. =)
4) the Balm, Hot Ticket nail polish: A bright, fuchsia that really doesn’t flatter my skin tone.
5) I actually liked the canvas bag this month and can definitely reuse it. =)
Conclusion–very disappointing. I was going to cancel my subscription, but decided to give it another month……
1) X-Out, Shine Control: I’m not a fan of primers and my skin is pretty dry so I’m a bit hesitant to try this.
3) NYX Cosmetics, Roll On Eye Shimmer: I like this shimmery purple and it rolls on easily and is very pigmented. However, it creases like crazy so you’ll need a good eyeshadow primer to wear this.
4) NUME, $100 Gift Certificate: I haven’t redeemed mine yet, but my flat iron just blew up recently so it’s perfect timing! I’ve heard from other MyGlam subscribers that it’s indeed $100 towards styling tools and hair extensions. A NUME mini travel flat iron retails for $115 so this gift certificate will come in handy.
5) Freeman Beauty, Facial Enzyme Mask: Another Freeman product??
6) Ghirardelli chocolates: Yum =)
Although the $100 gift card was great, I’m still disappointed with the MyGlam bags. The company has received numerous complaints because customers were under the impression that it would be geared more towards makeup. With so many complaints, perhaps they will include more in the future.
After subscribing to both Birchbox and MyGlam, I’ve come to the conclusion that even though I love trying new skincare and makeup products, I like to do it on my own terms so I decided to cancel the MyGlam subscription. If I saw these combinations of samples in the store, I wouldn’t pay $10 for them.
In the end, it’s all about personal preference so if you would enjoy these products, I’d recommend subscribing.