After trying the My Beauty Diary face mask for the first, I was hooked. It’s been almost a year and I’m still loving them and thought some of you might like to try them as well.
They offer a wide selection of masks, depending on your skin type and desired results. My skin is extremely sensitive and I haven’t had a problem with any of these masks. Click here to find the right mask for you.
My ABSOLUTE favorite is the Aloe. Each box comes with 10 individually packed face masks. The Aloe is incredibly moisturizing and is recommended for dry skin.
- Unfold the mask, peel off the plastic side, and discard the plastic. You’re now left with a very moist, soft mask.
- Place the mask on your face for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the remaining solution from the packet and rub onto your neck.
- After 30 minutes, remove the mask and discard. Your face will still be wet from the leftover solution. DO NOT RINSE IT OFF! Instead, let it air dry so it can absorb into your skin.
The material of the mask is similar to a cleansing cloth, but thinner, softer, and completely drenched with solution. When it’s placed on your skin, it’s so cooling and as you can see, very wet. Try not to talk or laugh too much because the mask will get wrinkled. =) Afterwards, your skin will feel sooooo smooth, soft, and will have an instant glow.
Mel’s favorite is the Black Pearl.
We’ve also tried the Cherry Blossom, Apple, Sake Yeast, Natto, Q10, and Bulgarian White Rose. However, Aloe and Black Pearl are the two we always go back to.
WHERE TO PURCHASE?
You can find the face masks at Asian supermarkets in the beauty aisle. We purchase ours at Ranch 99 for $14.99/box. I’ve also seen them for $12.99/box at other supermarkets and online at Sasa. Since it’s a product from Taiwan, it’s much cheaper there. My sister-in-law was able to purchase them for only $6.50/box! I heard they are very popular in Asia.
STILL ON THE FENCE?
Here are some stories about my friends who have given them a try. =)
- Best Friend: She noticed a dark spot (possibly an age spot) on the side of her face and used the Black Pearl mask. After two weeks, the dark spot was completely gone. Not only did the mask leave her face nice and smooth, it completely faded the dark spot. She’s hooked on both the Black Pearl and Aloe.
- Bridesmaid: During our first day in Las Vegas for my bachelorette party, all the girls went shopping. My bridesmaid was exhausted after her flight from NYC and decided to stay in the hotel room to take a nap. About 30 minutes later, I get a picture text of her wearing the Aloe mask. She couldn’t resist and just had to try it! Afterwards, she was amazed at how soft her skin felt. So much for that nap, huh? She is now hooked as well.
- Best friend’s coworker: After using the face mask, the coworker raved about how wonderful her face felt. She insisted that my best friend feel her face. =)
- Wedding Party: The night before our wedding, our entire wedding party wore the masks. Of course the boys didn’t comply right away. They complained how weird it felt, but they got used to it. Afterwards, all our faces were nice, moisturized, and ready for the wedding day. We have a picture of us all wearing the masks and it’s hilarious.
- Parents: My parents have great skin to begin with, but one weekend I brought some home just for them to try. Afterwards, they kept feeling and rubbing their faces because it felt so smooth. I think my dad likes it more than my mom!
- Mel: He never used to get compliments on his skin, but he does now. During his bachelor party, the cocktail waitress at the strip club asked, “Your skin is really nice. What do you use?” Mel began to tell her about the mask and then realized, “Are we really talking about this right now??!!” It must really work. =)
- Mel’s coworkers: Mel has even gotten compliments on his skin from his coworkers (male and female). One day he brought a mask for his male coworker. The next day, the coworker was crazy about it too. Mel gave him a few masks to tie him over haha.
Let me know in the comment box below if you love it as much as us! Happy masking!!