My coworker told me about a pizza recipe and when I heard pizza, I was sold! Since I’m slowly learning how to cook, it’s nice when I come across a recipe that’s easy and also tastes good. If you’re a beginner like me, you’ll enjoy this one. =)
You can also click here for the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 unbaked pizza crust
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, torn
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled (I didn’t use this)
- Preheat oven according to pizza crust package directions.
- In a small bowl combine butter, olive oil, garlic, pesto, basil, oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly on pizza crust.
- Arrange tomato, spinach, onion and jalapeno on pizza. Top with crumbled feta cheese. We left the feta cheese off and added pepperoni because Mel couldn’t imagine a pizza without meat. =)
- Bake according to pizza crust package directions.
Next time, I’ll add more spinach (they shrunk so much!), mozzarella cheese, and mushrooms. Yuuuuum…