When I saw this ring pillow from Martha Stewart, I thought it would be perfect for our gray and yellow wedding. Unfortunately, I wasn’t too impressed after completing it. Perhaps it would look better with bolder colors. I think I’ll work on another design, but here’s the pillow in case it inspires one of you. =)
- Cut fabric to 6 1/2 by 12 1/2 inches.
- Cut 52 1/2 inches of ribbon and lightly mark every 3 1/2 inches.
- Fold fabric in half.
- Lightly draw a guideline down the middle.
- Unfold fabric. The fold is just to get the middle crease and guideline.
- Line up the ribbon marks to the pillow guideline and sew ribbon onto fabric. Use pins to secure ribbon in place while you sew.
- Your pillow should look something like this.
- Fold the fabric in half so that the ribbon is now inside.
- Sew along the edges, leaving a 1/4 inch allowance on each side.
- Sew the bottom side half way, then turn pillow right side out through the opening.
- Fill pillow with batting and sew closed.
- Take a narrow piece of ribbon and attach to the middle of the pillow to hold the rings.
Although it looks OK, I’m not crazy about it and neither is Mel. I initially didn’t want to make a felt pillow because it would look to casual, but I think I’m leaning in that direction. We shall see…