I was contemplating whether or not to keep my Birchbox subscription because I prefer makeup samples rather than skincare and perfume. However, this month was pretty good so I’m happy. =)
1) June Jacobs, Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque: Powered by natural fruit extracts, this creamy mask dissolves dull cells, then boosts skin with essential oils and antioxidant-rich tea extracts.
- I’ve very tempted to try this mask because it’s thick, creamy, and smells so good. However, I have very sensitive skin so I think I’ll wait a few weeks until after the wedding before trying it…just in case. =) Also, the fragrance is pretty strong so if you’re sensitive to fragrance in skin products, you may want to skip this one.
2) Ouidad, Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel: When this non-sticky gel senses heat, it stops hair from expanding. Welcome to frizz-free curls.
- I was pleasantly surprised that this product was in my Birchbox because I’ve seen it at Sephora and was curious to try it out. Since my hair is getting pretty long, I’ve been curling it a lot more lately so I will definitely try this out tomorrow. =)
3) Shaveworks, The Cool Fix: At last, a solution to bumps, ingrown, and other shaving and waxing side effects. Bonus: It soothes as it works.
- Typically, I sprinkle a little baby powder on my legs after I shave, but I’ll give this a try. I do like the fresh scent.
4) Smashbox Cosmetics, Photo Finish Foundation Primer: This award-winning primer is better than ever, with brand-new packaging. It gives skin a matte, velvet-soft finish and keeps makeup in place all day.
- I just went to Sephora yesterday to get a refill of the Smashbox HALO Perfecting Powder so this primer will be perfect to try with it. By the way, if you like Bare Escentuals foundation but want a little extra coverage, Smashbox HALO is amazing. I have dry skin and it doesn’t make my skin flaky at all.
EXTRA: Twistband, Hair Tie: This soft elastic gives the hair tie a sophisticated makeover — it looks as good on your wrist as it does in your hair.
- I think having a knot at the end is a bit weird, but the elastic is very soft. Also, the elastic band is flat and thick so it doesn’t leave that annoying dent in your hair.
Mel was so sweet and saw me outside taking pictures for the blog and brought me a mimosa. =) Cheers!