Festive box. =)
A list of this month’s samples and their full-size prices.
1) JOYA, FvsS Composition No. 1 Parfum: A feminine scent with top notes of bright orange and quince layered over florals and sandalwood.
- I definitely smell the floral more than the orange, but it’s still light and not overpowering. I don’t wear perfume much, but this is light enough that I would. I really like the roller ball applicator—all sample perfumes should have that! Light bulb moment! The top part of the applicator comes off so when I finish my sample, I can refill it with my favorite perfume and it would be perfect for traveling or to throw in my purse. =) Besides, these refillable roller ball applicators from Sephora are too big for someone like me who doesn’t wear a lot of perfume.
2) Nuxe, Huile Prodigieuse Multi-usage Dry Oil: A blend of six different essential oils, including Sweet Almond, Camellia, Hazelnut, and Macadamia, this multi-purpose oil hydrates skin and gives it a velvety sheen.
- I used a few small drops on my hand and the oil absorbed quickly and didn’t leave my hands feeling oily. The description was right and my hands indeed had a velvety sheen to them. They looked a little oily, but in a good way. =) However, I didn’t like the oil on my hair. I used a TINY amount on the ends of my hair and instead of smoothing out my hair, sections of the ends clumped together and looked oily. And yes, I used the very small drop!
3) Philosophy, Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser: Award-winning pH-balanced cleanser that gently clears away dirt, oil, and makeup without drying out skin.
- This facial cleanser is everywhere and I always wanted to buy it on QVC, but for one reason or another I just never picked it up. So when I saw it in this month’s box, I was pretty happy. Let’s just hope it doesn’t bother my sensitive skin. =/
4) Redken, Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist: A must for all Cynthia’s runway shows, this weightless spray gives hair a brilliant sheen.
- Ugh, the smell is too strong! Luckily it doesn’t linger, but yuck! Anyways, I sprayed one side of my head and although I didn’t see a big difference in shine, I did notice it was a little smoother to the touch. It definitely is weightless and you can’t feel anything in your hair.
5) ybf beauty, Automatic Eye Brow Pencil in Universal Taupe: A two-in-one brow-tamer. The comb brushes hairs into place, while the creamy pencil fills in sparse areas.
- When I read “taupe,” I thought this color would be too light for me. However, it works fine with my eye brows but the pencil is not creamy as advertised. I like the idea of having the pencil and brush combined into one stick, but I wish the pencil was a bit softer and smoother.
EXTRA: KIND, Almond & Apricot Snack Bar: Fiber-rich mixture of whole almonds, apricots and coconut. No preservatives.
- I’m not a fan of the ingredients, but I know my mom and dad would enjoy it. Not only do they like almonds, apricots, and coconut, but they love these type of snack bars. What I do like about the bar is that it’s extremely soft and the nut and fruit pieces look really good! Too bad it didn’t have peach and mango instead. =)
I hope you are all having a great week!