I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza and could eat it every single day—hands down my favorite food. I also love mushrooms, so when my boss told me about a portobello mushroom pizza, I just had to try it. So simple and healthier than a typical pizza since you’re using a mushroom instead of bread.
When I told Mel about it, he said it didn’t sound good. We’ll see……
- portobello mushrooms
- pizza sauce
- pizza toppings
- cooking oil
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a damp cloth, gently clean the surfaces of the mushrooms.
- Cut off the mushroom stems.
- Slice the stems into pieces and use as additional pizza toppings.
- Using a small amount of cooking oil, cook each side of the mushroom until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from heat and place on a cooking sheet.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings to each mushroom. Mel doesn’t like pineapple so his mushroom looks a bit empty. =)
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and the cheese has melted.
Since portobello mushrooms hold a lot of water, there will be a lot of liquid when they come out of the oven. No worries…it still tastes yummy! =)
By the way, Mel took a bite and said, “This is REALLY good.” =)
Have a great weekend!!