There were so many samples this month that they barely fit on top of the box. =)
Since it’s the first month of summer, June’s box is dedicated to vacation-ready products.
As always, a list of samples and their full-size prices.
1) Amika, Obliphica Oil Treatment: Perfect for summer, this blend of nourishing argan and jojoba oils calms frizz, hydrates dried ends, and protects from UV rays.
- You can apply a few drops of this oil to damp or dry hair to smooth flyaways and frizz. Since my hair is very fine, this may work better than the MoroccanOil Light Treatment. When I first used the MoroccanOil, it worked really well and my hair was shiny and smooth. However, after a few weeks my hair went back to the way it was. I’ll update this in a few weeks to see how the Amika Oil Treatment compares…
2) Kate Spade Perfume, Twirl: This flirty scent feels carefree and joyful — just the thing to wear on your adventures at home and abroad.
- I’m very sensitive to fragrances so I don’t wear perfume or scented lotions very often, but this scent is very soft, fruity, and lovely. I initially sprayed too much on my hand and although it was too much for me, Mel kept commenting that it smelled really nice every time I walked by. I can definitely see myself wearing this on a summer date night with him. ♥
3) Laura Geller, Baked Blush N’ Brighten in Honey Dipped: Made in Italy, this swirl of warm and cool tones is infinitely versatile — dust your cheeks for a flattering flush or use the lighter shades as a highlighter.
- Wow, this product alone is worth the subscription this month. It’s a full-size product priced at $29.50 and I heard some subscribers didn’t get this in their box. =( This shade is more suitable as a bronzer, but I personally like a matte bronzer and this is pretty shimmery. However, the texture is smooth and has a good color payoff so be careful and don’t pile it on. =) It can also work as an eyeshadow.
4) Pangea Organics, Facial Toner: Laced with mandarin and lime, this energizing toner is a skincare staple and the ideal on-the-go refresher.
- I have dry skin and typically don’t use toner because I don’t like to wipe off every bit of oil on my face. Therefore, I really like the application of this toner because you spritz it on your face and let the toner sink into your skin — no wiping. However, I have extremely sensitive skin and about 15 minutes after I applied it, my cheeks were a little itchy so I washed it off. Sucks because their facial scrub didn’t irritate my skin at all. All well…Mel has tougher, oily skin so he can use it instead. =)
EXTRA #1: Dr. Dennis Gross, EZ4U Facial Towelettes: Four-in-one towelettes that cleanses, tones, moisturizes, and protects skin.
- This would be a good thing to throw in your travel bag when you need to wash your face on the plane. =)
EXTRA #2: Pangea Organics, Facial Cream: For normal to combination skin.
- This extra was included to supplement the toner.
And there we have it! This is the kind of Birchbox I enjoy — a little bit of makeup, hair care, and skin care. =)