I love peaches and anything peach flavored—popsicles, sorbet, candy, and Jamba Juice’s Peach Pleasure with no bananas and extra peaches. =) So when my sister-in-law gave me a bag of peaches from her tree, I was pretty happy. She suggested that I try Paula Deen’s peach cobbler recipe and it was quite tasty.
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- ground cinnamon, optional (I didn’t use this)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and slice 4 cups of peaches.
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- While you’re waiting for the butter to melt, mix remaining 1 cup sugar and flour. Slowly add milk and stir to prevent clumping.
- Pour mixture evenly over melted butter. Do not stir. (Most of the mixture will sink to the bottom.)
- Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Note: Next time, I don’t think I’d add all of the syrup because I like my cobbler on the dry side.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top (optional).
- Batter will rise to top during baking.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Note: I baked mine for the full 45 minutes to get a golden brown top.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Ok, back to wedding planning. ENJOY! =)