After taking my first cake decorating class, I needed practice at home. It was perfect timing because I was going to a birthday dinner for two of my close friends.
I used small bread loaf baking pans and it was the perfect size—not too big, not too small.
One of my friends loves the beach. When we vacationed in Cabo, I don’t think she ever got off the beach!
- Spread blue buttercream frosting with a small spatula in order to get the waves in the water.
- Spread tan buttercream on the remaining part of the cake.
- Press ground graham crackers on the frosting for the sand. You can also use brown sugar.
- Pipe clothing on teddy graham crackers with frosting.
- Use gummy Lifesaver as a floating device in the water and place teddy graham inside.
- Remaining teddy grahams can be placed on the beach under a cocktail umbrella.
- You can also add beach towels under the teddy grahams, beach balls, flip flops, etc.
My other friend is a big LA Lakers fan. If you say anything bad about his team, trust me, he’ll have a comeback and put you in your place. =)
- For the basketball, trim an extra piece of cake into a half sphere and attach it to the cake with a little frosting.
- Pipe dark brown frosting to make the basketball lines.
- Using a star frosting tip and orange frosting, pipe dots to cover the basketball.