My three little cousins were having a joint birthday party and for their presents, I gave them gift cards. Instead of giving the cards in the normal envelopes, I thought little felt envelopes would make them smile.
- Measure your gift card and cut a piece of felt accordingly.
- Sew the sides shut. By starting the thread in between the flaps, the end of the thread will be hidden.
- Sew along the top and bottom as well. Don’t sew the top closed though. =)
- The front should look like this. I used embroidery thread (Michaels) for a bolder stitch. However, using a sewing machine would also give a nice and clean look.
- For a consistent look, sew the top flap as well.
- Using fabric pinking shears (Michaels or Jo-Ann Fabric), cut out a stamp and hot glue to the front of the envelope.
- Using puff paint (Michaels), paint name onto felt.
- Use fabric pinking shears to cut around the edges as well.
- Once it’s dry, hot glue to the front of the envelope.
- Pull out all those extra buttons you get when you buy new clothes. =)
- Sew the button on the back and cut an opening on the top flap.
You’ve got mail! =)