Last week, Mel and I celebrated Christmas with my brother’s family. This year was EXTRA special because it was the first Christmas with their new baby (my niece), who I miss OOOOH SOOO much! Being the crafty aunt, I just had to make some felt ornaments for their tree. =)
J, L, and M are their initials.
Hello Kitty for baby Malia. =)
Or with sprinkles (using puff paint).
♥ my family ♥
Although Christmas is over, you can still use this idea for other projects. Years ago, I made these initials to spell out my mom’s name and she still has it hanging on her office door at work. =)
- Cut out two round pieces of felt. Mine were 2 inches in diameter.
- Cut out felt letter and attach to front piece using a hot glue gun or fabric tape.
- Attach a piece of ribbon to the back of the front piece.
- Using embroidery string (Michaels), stitch together front and back pieces. You can also use thread, but embroidery string is thicker so the stitching/border will be more prominent.
- Stitch through the ribbon to keep it in place.
- Leave an opening towards the end and fill ornament with pillow batting (Michaels). Note: For odd shapes, such as the Christmas tree, use a pair of tweezers or a toothpick to push the batting into the corners.
- Finish stitching all the way around and voila!
Have a wonderful and SAFE new year!