Eventually, I will need to make a real, sturdy cupcake stand that I can use over and over. However, I didn’t have time to build one for this week’s cupcakes so I made a temporary display stand that can be used a few times.
- Using a 20 x 30 x 1/2 inch foam board (Michaels), cut out tiers for the stand.
- Cover the tiers of the foam board with cabinet lining (Lowe’s or Home Depot). This will allow you to wipe off any food/stains with a damp cloth and reuse the stand.
- A 5 x 5 inch styrofoam cube (Michaels) will serve as the tier divider. Cover the sides of the cube with cabinet liner as well.
- Note: My bottom tier was 20 x 20 inches and the top tier was 7 x 7 inches.
- Using a hot glue gun, attached the cube and top tier.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach 4 wood molding squares (Lowe’s or Home Depot) to the bottom. This will elevate the stand.
- Using double-sided tape, cover the borders with a ribbon that matches your theme.
By having a large bottom tier, all the cupcakes can be seen. The top tier can also hold a small 6 inch cake as well. To see more pictures of the Hello Kitty cupcakes, please click here.
By using double-sided tape, the ribbon can easily be removed and replaced with another color for your next party. To see more pictures of the advent calendar cupcakes, please click here.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. =)