Since our wedding was held outdoors, having the place cards fly away with the wind was a concern. To prevent this from happening, the wedding favors anchored the place cards.
- Print out place cards for each guest on yellow index cards (our wedding colors were gray and yellow).
- Since the index cards were 1/2 inch too long, trim off excess.
- Punch out circle using a 1 1/4 punch (www.createforless.com).
- Score the index card by making a straight crease. Note: The X-Acto Paper Trimmer (Staples) has indented lines every 1/2 inch. I used the back of a butter knife to score the lines. Super fast…
- The score lines make it so much easier to fold.
- Using double-sided tape, attach the end pieces together.
- Punch out hearts in different colors using a 3/4 inch heart punch.
- Attach a small piece of Scotch double-sided foam mounting tape (Michaels) to the back of each heart and attach to place card.
The colored hearts corresponded to the entree selections:
- Gray = beef
- Red = fish
- White = vegetarian
- No heart = children’s meal
To help our coordinator, place cards were organized in Ziploc bags by table number. A list was included in each bag to indicate who needed to sit next to who.
The wedding favors act as an anchor. Click here to view the wedding favors.
Placing a mini cupcake in the hole would be cute too!